Friday, September 08, 2006

Would you like to self-publish?

I recently found a website that that may be of interest to anyone who wants to self-publish personal books like vacation journals, blogs, poetry, photo portfolios, cookbooks, etc. I've been thinking of writing about the trips we've made so far especially with our Spring Break trip to California. It was after all a family reunion that went for more than a week and besides I have enough images to choose from. I think I made about 1500 clicks, technically they're called shutter depressions. People may think that it was a lot but I've heard of wedding and easily sports photographers who make this much in one single event.

Anyway, you need to download a free software from the site and use the built-in templates for your project. You can even print your own pages with your home printer and if you know somebody who does a decent binding, then you already have your own book. If not, you can avail of the printing and binding service directly from the site. I haven't tried this one yet but they're saying (of course) it's coffee table book quality. The prices are not too bad knowing they make custom books and there is no economy of scale here. If you would like to do this, please send me a note about your experience when you have received your book.


The website is www.blurb.com



Here's the website screenshot:



No comments: