Sunday, September 17, 2006

Missy is not feeling well


Our baby is sick since last Friday. She has a slight fever and a persistent cough so she's just resting at home. I miss her exuberance but of course I like her to rest and rest well. She still gets tempted to play or watch TV but she knows what she's got to do. So today is one more quiet day in the house since my wife Ophine is out with my son David and Ana, our guest from the Cayman Islands for church service.
This morning, Missy just asked for a small favor, read her a book and then she went back to bed. When a child is sick at home, everything changes. You tend to dote more on the child and giving in to their whims is just much easier. This morning she didn't want to drink her milk from her regular milk mug but from her 'Dora' tumbler with a built-in straw which she uses rarely now. I hope she gets well soon. I don't want her missing school but if she has to, then she's not going. Anyway, I miss her playfulness and 'cariƱo' especially when she calls me by my first name or even her pet name of me, ...Big Boy.

No comments: