Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On to the Tybee Island Lighthouse

After that heavy meal at Geneva's, we drove to Tybee Island which is about a 30-minute leisurely drive. There's another lighthouse to conquer. Ophine was so sleepy that she decided not to join us up the lighthouse and slept in the van. So she was more full than I thought she was, lol.

Together with David and Missy, we explored the grounds first for some more photo ops., Ophine might change her mind or so I thought. Finally we decided to just get the tickets and go up. As with any lighthouse we've been, there are floors so one can stop, rest, enjoy the view from the window and most importantly not rush. Climbing is part of the experience and not just the view from the top. Somehow, the kids have learned what to expect and that 'phobia' of heights have somewhat diminished. What I have discovered is that there's not so much difference with the physical aspect of climbing or watching the horizon from the top but each single lighthouse is quite unique, has it's own distinctive charm and it's really windy up there, hehehe.

I was glad the kids were game with the continuous snapping of my camera. Missy especially being my preeminent model (diva, ehem...) was super cooperative and hence I was able to make a ton of photos of her. David was okay too but he gets bored easily when I point my camera at him. Today was kind of perfect!





























The mainstays of the lighthouse.


No comments: