Thursday, December 18, 2008

David and Missy Dancing the Cha-Cha Slide

December has always been a month of going to parties and get-togethers. Last Dec. 13 was MRH's 6 Central's Christmas party so off we went there.  I have been enjoying my Lumix DMC-LX3, mostly shooting some videos with it and the party was a good way to test it's capabilities. I already signed up with a free Vimeo account but haven't decided yet if I want to get the $60 per year premium membership for unlimited HD uploads with a 2GB weekly file size restriction. Right now, I'm getting by with a once a week HD video upload with a maximum 500mb file size, roughly a 3-minute video thus a clipping is usually needed.  I've read that 'youtube' has HD uploads now but I still have to check it out.


I thought I can do some serious editing when I came across a free MOV to AVI converter without compression called MP4Cam2 AVI Easy Converter v2.79 but the audio was not syncing properly and the delay was like at least 10 seconds. So much for thinking it was a goldmine but I'm sure there's a way to fix it. I just need to explore it more.  Anyway, here's a sampling from the LX3's night scene capability. As usual, the HD version can be seen only by clicking on the link and when you want to view it full-size.



6 Central's Christmas Party-2008 from Ariel Magno on Vimeo.

No comments: