Friday, April 27, 2007

Planet Earth DVDs


Ever since I was a young boy, I had been fascinated with nature and wildlife. I have always enjoyed watching interesting episodes on Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. Knowing more about seldom seen wildlife strengthens the belief that God exists. Everything about us and all living things on earth tells only one story. We were all intelligently designed!

Anyway, the 5-DVD Planet Earth boxed set had just been out. It is a BBC and Discovery Channel collaboration that can show nature's splendor right in your own living rooms. I just ordered the boxed set and am now excitedly waiting for it. I think I will be planning to arrange Planet Earth Family Watching Nights soon. I know David and Missy will like it. They have been enjoying watching shows like these on TV. Just maybe I can convince Ophine although it's not really her cup of tea. But who knows, based on the glowing reviews about the DVDs, perhaps she'll watch it too.

To check more about it, click HERE. The trailer/video clip takes more than a few minutes to load but it's worth watching the clip first before buying the DVDs. The original is narrated by Sir David Attenborough and Amazon.com sells the original. To buy click HERE. It's currently ranked #1 in DVD sales on Amazon. When it was shown on Discovery channel, the narration was done by Sigourney Weaver. I prefer the original. Buy.com also sells the DVDs but is $6.00 more.

No comments: