Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Amazing Piece of Work

I only have seen a photo of this 'Little Girl Giant' in a publication somewhere until now when I inadvertently came across it again with this video. Since the first time, I was amazed by it but much more now that I can see the intricacies of the design.

These giant marionettes including the much bigger elephant is part of the show "The Sultan’s Elephant" that visited London in May 2006. It was created by theatrical magicians Royal de Luxe. I'm sure it was something that will be remembered and cherished by all the people who witnessed the event live. I think these two giant marionettes are just two of five that were made for this show or some more shows. It was obviously a great photo op. to be there even though some people found it creepy based on the comments I've seen about it.




I just can't help it so I downloaded the video too from 'youtube' in case the above embedded link becomes non-functional in the future thus the dual video of the same thing on this post. I'm keeping the youtube video for the link. I also found a way to increase the size of the blogger video below compared to the default thus if you're familiar, you will notice the size increase.



No comments: